Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Broken Ghost Couture



Shop Name:  Broken Ghost Couture

Owner:  Jana Foehrenbach

Location:  Calgary, Alberta, CANADA

Shop Link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Brokenghostcouture



Jana creates unique, "fashion forward pieces with alot of feminine flair."  Using upcycled, vintage, and reclaimed fabrics in her work, her designs are one of a kind.

She explains, "I began this journey into fashion design in 2008 at the age of 43. Kind of old to start a new career? Nope! I was very fortunate to do well with it early on and showed my Spring/Summer 2010 Collection at Alberta Fashion Week. Soon after, I won a Global Fashion Designer Search competition and won! From that win, I was given a spot at the prestigious Vancouver Fashion Week and showed there in October 2009. There are not enough hours in the day for me and wish I could fore-go sleep to keep designing and sewing. Watch for much more to come from me!"

Congrats to Jana, and be sure to check out her beautiful one of a kind items and more than affordable prices!







Visit her shop HERE.
Find out more on her website http://www.brokenghost.com/

1 comment:

Pamela Zimmerman said...

congrats to Jana! I am so happy for you!