Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thoughts of Recycling

by Elizabeth Patel

I'm always trying to find new ways to incorporate recycled items into my own work, both out of being kind to our earth & looking for ways to reduce my financial expenditures...

So here are a few of my most recent repurposed & recycled items
It was an clip-on earring, that will eventually make it into the center of a flower, or be used as a button.
I clipped the screw post off and used a jewelry pliers to curl the metal around into a loop, and then used some glue to seal off the gap, I used glue because for what I'll use it for it doesn't need to be super pretty.
What I have here is 1 magnet from the back of a pad of paper - that I will use with a metal washer to form a purse closure. The wooden beads will be wrapped in seed beads like the other bead in the picture to be the center of my flowers.

I'm always looking for more ways to recycle the things around me.

Now it's your turn - What are some of your item recycling tips?

No comments: