Friday, November 26, 2010

Random Acts of Kindness : Gift to Texas Vintage



In addition to contests, spotlights, gift swaps, and all that other fun stuff, I was thinking it's time to throw something else out, a RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS.  Basically this is where, for no reason at all, I pay it forward and throw a little gift someone'e say as if to say "I APPRECIATE YOU AS A TEAM MEMBER." 

For me, I may stick someone on the blog to advertise their store for an unannounced period of time.  Maybe it's a team member who does a lot of work to help out.  Maybe it's someone who never talks, in an attempt to get them to chime in and participate.  Maybe it's someone who needs help, or comfort.  Perhaps I'll write a small article about a shop, or stick them elsewhere on the web for no reason at all, other than to say, "I APPRECIATE YOU AS A TEAM MEMBER." 

You can do this too. Put someone in your shop banner and convo them and make their day.  Submit a tip to a site about their shop for no reason. Write an article on your blog.  Do something nice and tell them.  Then they will do something nice...and they will do something nice....


Today I'd like to announce a small sidebar advertising for a new member, TexasVintage.  Her story is one of courage--Heather was selling on "the big boy auction site" for years, and making good money, she finally walked away due to high fees and crappy customer service, she had to prove the point. I was there once, and walking away cost me a lot of sales but I was determined not to deal with someone that didn't treat me right as a customer.  Turning to Etsy will be somewhat of a challenge, trying to build up new clientele, but her offerings are lovely both in her main store and her second shop, MattieReidChicago.   Once a "big boy auction site user" with good sales as well, and walking away for the same reasons, I SALUTE HER WITH THIS FREE SIDEBAR AD on this site an some of my other blogs.  I hope she likes it, I made it myself!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kudos to my brave fellow Texan, You go girl!!

Mod Provisions said...

You're so sweet. I'm going to cry! :) Thank you so very much!