Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Upcycled Art at Franklin Arts Center, The May 2015 Issue of Tulsa People Magazine, & Jessica White's Cranky Pickle Etsy Shop Feature!

http://issuu.com/tulsapeople/docs/tp_0515ds

Hooray!! The TulsaPeople Magazine feature spotlighting my Eco-Friendly Freckles Etsy art business in the May 2015 issue recently made its debut (an early release before the magazine will be available on local newsstands May 1st)! The article can be found on page 24; and the entire magazine can be viewed HERE! Along with my upcycled artwork, the two books that my art is featured in, Jen Karetnick's "Brie Season" and Julie Rawding's "The Upcycler's USA: 21 Eco Folks Who Made It" is also promoted! I'm so excited!!! My artwork can be seen in my Eco-Friendly Freckles Etsy shop section "Upcycled Decoupage Art" (my virtual online art gallery), however at this time this only includes my canister and tin art pieces since throughout the month of April all of my vinyl record artwork is on display in the "Art On Record" exhibit at the Franklin Arts Center | Resident Artists Gallery in Brainerd, Minnesota. 

If you happen to be visiting the area, please stop by and admire all of the upcycled masterpieces at this wonderful art gallery


In the gallery exhibit's promo photo above, my upcycled vinyl record art piece titled "Tintype of Love" is shown on the far left, in the middle is fellow Etsy artist Jessica White's vinyl record artwork titled "Nature Walks"...I love it's whimsical charm! I encourage everyone to stop by her Etsy shop Cranky Pickle and check out all of her delightfully quirky mixed media vinyl record art pieces! Two of my personal favorites from Jessica White's collection are...

"Woman Sitting on Henna"
https://www.etsy.com/listing/177186651/vinyl-record-art-woman-sitting-on-henna

...and "Lipstick Kisses":
https://www.etsy.com/listing/220527452/vinyl-record-art-lipstick-kisses-collage

This blog article was contributed by the Etsy Recyclers Guild Team Captain Jessica Woody of Eco-Friendly Freckles

1 comment:

Artifact Andrea said...

Fantastic! What lovely eco-conscious art, and Happy Earth Day to all. :-)