Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Renew & Reawaken: Breathing New Life Into Vintage

https://www.etsy.com/listing/120360725/moon-geisha-denim-vest-jacket-handmade
 
This is me, the grateful Team Captain of the Etsy Recyclers Guild Team, in my Aunt Mary Lynn's Hand-Cut Moon Geisha Zen Taoist Appliqué Denim Vest in my Etsy shop Eco-Friendly Freckles. I am constantly reflecting with reawakening aspirations, gaining inspiration from fellow Etsyians!

I am so amazed and impressed with this story that I have to share which I know members of the Etsy Recyclers Guild will enjoy as it encompasses the themes of reusing and revamping!... A certified yoga teacher from Canada, Amy of Mystic Key Meditations, purchased one of my vintage beaded necklaces from my Eco-Friendly Freckles Etsy shop, a 1980s blueberry swirl necklace, and how she transformed it is truly amazing! Like Amy's alias name "Metta Morphosis", she has revived and enchanted these old beads, creating a profound metamorphosis in their aesthetic beauty and symbology by utilizing them as an element in her sacred, artistic craft. She removed the beads and constructed them into a yoga mala necklace and bracelet Prana Gift Set that includes a 108 mala, lotus bracelet, and swirl sunshine peace flags. Like a butterfly flying out of its cocoon for the first time, let's admire in awe the astounding transformation of the before-and-after images of this vintage necklace being altered into a sanctified creation!

BEFORE: As the vintage 1980s Blueberry Swirl Sorbet Marbled Necklace in my Eco-Friendly Freckles Etsy shop...

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1022526226?

AFTER: As the beautifully transformed sacred 108 mala and lotus bracelet in the Prana Gift Set in Mystic Key Meditations...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/231908201/prana-gift-set-108-mala-lotus-bracelet?ref=shop_home_active_6
Isn't it gorgeous?! I am so in love with this stunning transformation...Mystic Key Meditations utilizes vintage in this Prana Gift Set in such a creative and breathtakingly beautiful way by combining it with three silver lotus marker beads, a "be yourself" pendant, white tassel, natural white bamboo cord, and sacred blessings.

Mystic Key Meditations is hosting a free give away for the month of May! I encourage all admirers to check her Facebook for more entry details for this giveaway HERE! There will be 3 prizes and it runs May 2 - May 30th. The winners will be picked May 31st

As I bid adieu with farewell blessings, I'd like to leave similarly as I came with another one of my Aunt Mary Lynn's handmade feng shui creations...this one is a home decor piece in my Eco-Friendly Freckles Etsy shop, an Oriental Zen Geisha Tea Room Pillow...Namaste...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/112124551/oriental-zen-geisha-pillow-feng-shui-tea

This blog article was contributed by the Etsy Recyclers Guild Team Captain Jessica Woody of Eco-Friendly Freckles

No comments: